Wednesday, July 23, 2008

If that's all it is strung wire
Then what's the point in my point of view
And then yesterday what up with the curfew
And the martial law that came up from you
At one point you said you didn't care
As long as I wrote on the day
Who else would I go out with captain
Any guy I want to pick up off the street
As long as I throw in sex off the argument
Just to keep that same old beat
I never thought of myself as a stringer
Which is obsolete by wireless as well
But stringer is how you should have put it in the first place
It describes the position of you oh so well
And the commando position of the others
And why they could do it so swell
But see I don't get paid to take your knocking
And I damn sure ain't a martyr for love
And what's up with all the secret submissions
If you just needed a fit for the glove
Isn't it easier with direction of the position
Just to be able to write it all the way through
Coz the other way puts you in such a position
For a lot of bad karma to fall back on you
Which above all else I have no desire to do
You closed more doors with me than you opened
Because of what chose no to follow through
And you made me question your teacher
And all he would have taught to you
And I don't want to take a ride on the dark side
I saw what they put people through
And your still doing the same thing
Because you just did it to me again to
Why can't you say I like the way you write
So have a blast and don't get up tight
That none of that was real
And they all knew about the play
And we wanted you to write
In exactly the same kind of way
What was all that hell for
Or even carried on today
It just makes me be a drop out
Just like the kids today
It's just a memory burn instead of a real learn
And you can't go awol if you never signed up for the pay
And I'm sure you don't do business with out a contract I'd say
At least that's the way I learned to conduct business anyway
Other wise I'm still doing what I did back in the day
Singing my songs just to give them away