Monday, December 1, 2008

Today is my birthday
And the contempt for me shows
The wicked witch made my cake
Poppy seed was chose
With an icing of almond
A subtle hint yo
To never wake up
And to bury me so
The spirit in me says
To turn the other cheek
Her age is upon her
She's set in her ways
Her family despises her
And they love me OK
I'm sorry for her loss
But I understand the reason why
She now pays the cost
Because they don't care if she dies
I've brought them back together
For the family tree show
Once again they dine together
And now her hate for me grows
And yet I've given her a gift
One she would have chose
But it was me that who made it
And for her that just blows
What's so easy for me
For her doesn't go
Her family can't be easy
Because an error might show
But with a laugh and a wink
And nary a blink I can change it you know
And ease the situation
So the family love grows
And watch her eye of contempt
Because her jealousy shows