Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Perhaps we're all just tired
From the push of the heavy way
I'll be glad for a turn around
What ever come what may

It's like sleeping with the TV on
No rest for the mind that way
And when I think the thoughts on my own
Logic says 20 more years this way

I always wonder how you say 5
Perhaps that's just a financial point of view
But I don't see the nation coming alive
For the passion's not there for it to do

Maybe if they up the draft
That would stir a presence new
For the preservation of the kids
But they would force the issue to

The word citizen is getting on my nerves
It's like we've accepted 1984
With the rationing and the color grid
A gray life of what there was before

People don't care or they don't understand
They think that they're all set
But the psychological toll
Will be something for them that has no precedent

India is down 161
With no cause to place it to
The perfect place for death's ferment
And the mass population to spread the flu