Saturday, June 28, 2008

You know as an American there are certain things that give you a sense of stability
They're little comforts that you probably never think about but they are there
One of those for me has always been the fact that the nation had NORAD
I liked the fact that they were protecting our skies just in case, as a matter of fact I was proud of that fact and it gave me a massive sense of security to know they were there.
It's not like I thought about it alot or even had to, because I knew they were doing their job so I didn't have to think about it.
I started on this train of thought after watching one of the Fire Battalion Chiefs talk about the
Pentagon fire on 9/11.
They asked him if at anytime that day that he thought his life might be in danger
His answer was yes but only once. It was when they said that a second plane was coming in.
He did like any good fire chief would do and evacuated his men till he got an all clear to resume.
You can only imagine the chaos of that day with information flying every which way.
I'm sure it was not an easy situation to assess and no one knew who was really in charge.
They waited under a near by bridge for what probably seemed like forever for a fire fighter starring at what can only be described as a massive situation that was growing by the second
from lack of attention. Fires have a tendency to do that left unchecked they don't wait for anybodies permission they just grow.
The Battalion Chief got his all clear to resume from an F-16.
It flew over head gave them a wing wiggle as if to say I got your back, hit his after burners and he was gone. But in his wake he left a sense of security that was undeniable and very appreciated. The Chief knew he was good to go and took his men back to work.
I have never been able to recapture that sense of security that I had before 9/11 and it's not because I worry about terrorist.
It's because I worry about our government.
Had NORAD been under it's original authoritative procedure 9/11 would have never occurred.
As far as I know Dick Cheney still has control and as long as he does I will never feel that sense of security that I once knew as an American.
Because there is a traitor at the helm!