Saturday, June 28, 2008

Lets talk about gas
I live on an Island
Which up until about two years ago only had three stops lights
You could drive through some of the most beautiful and scenic country there is
They called it God's country when I first moved, but that was then 27 years ago.
When it was still farm land and woods. The rivers and the beaches weren't lined up with houses yet either. It was beautiful, it had tree canopies that stretched over the roads.
It was like I could imagine what living in the 1920's was like, because it was like living in it.
Little weather houses, there was no sophistication to it at all. Everybody knew everybody
because they grew up together for generations. It was like stepping into a time warp after leaving Tucson. I loved it on sight or should I say first feel, because it was so much more laid back than anything I had ever experienced. I will admit it did take me a while to slow down to it's pace though. Things in general are always thought through here, no matter how long it takes.
And there is no rushing it. I personally think it's a humidity system. It slows the brain from heat over load.
There are 7 gas stations now on the Island, there was only 4 when I first came. There has always been a healthy completion for customers.
Yesterday one of the stations shut it's gas off at 2:00pm, thus resulting in a very long line at the station across the street from it. The perception was a gas shortage.
Well today I had a conversation with a friend that works at that station and I asked what was up with running out of gas, being the reason for the closure? I was looking for a different answer than the one she gave me. I thought maybe it had been a transport delay, she told me no
they had gas, they were just told to shut it down and put sold out signs up.
Now what does that sound like to you? These are both big name stations. They are not independents. They are corporate owned.
The psychology of it is obvious, if they think there is none, we can justify the higher prices.
The line was at least a half a mile long and then the line of word of mouth after that is even longer.
Mission accomplished now people expect to pay even higher.
That's how Rat Bastards work,
They sneak in and set up a situation and force you to deal with it.
Just like our government.
Just like the FED
And they set up the situation in the first place
And if their thought crime bill had gone through
I could have been detained without council forever for what I just said.
I would have been labeled an enemy combatant because I spoke my mind
Think about that this 4th of July when your celebrating the birthday of our free nation
The question is are we still free?
I don't think our founding fathers would think so.
I think they'd think they wasted their time and hardship for nothing
Because we no longer represent the legacy that they left us.
It was just a damned piece of paper anyway
At least that's what George says