Sunday, April 20, 2008

You know baby
I was reading you this weekend
About how time can change the way you look at your life
We always think we know what we want
So then we strive for that idea of perfection
And it always ends up to be to superficial
Your living proof of the truth of that statement
I thought I had a love that couldn't be touched
My mind had built it up to strong
But what I didn't realise it was empty
Because I couldn't touch it for my own
And then I ask myself did I really want to
And I know the true answer is no
Because I had nothing in common with it
As strange as that may sound
It only had sparkle but no substance
No structure that my mind would find sound
Which I find now in my old age that fact is important
For years I just took that fact and ignored it
Like it didn't need a common ground
That's why I keep the name Adams
Because it rings of no female sound
A fact that once is ignored
A deeper conversation can be found
And I have a need for that
Because I'm not about what I look like
But it seems it's a fact that can't be put down
Which to me has been a pain in the butt
And why my truth of love has never been found
Until you anyway
My mind doesn't intimidate you
And you never use it as a put down
Which is pretty much a first for me
And makes you very different from the crowd
Which gives me the freedom of no boundry
And I can discuss what my mind says out loud
And not shushed because I'm to complicated now