Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Today my friend's heart breaks
My phone fills from the weep of her cry
My head fills with the count of her own measures
Which then makes her own love a broken lie

My own mind weeps for the discourse of her pleasure
For she can claim now no marital tie
And yet she seems think there should be strength for their together
While she allowed another woman to take her man's eye

Wrong is he yes but only in tactic
For the new bird to be placed while she is still caged
Only two belong in the realm of matrimony
The old should leave before the new should fly

Tis a hard position I sit between friends
Their flower has always been seen by one eye
Who pulled apart the petals of together
To leave bare the stem of the lie

Was it him in a need for love and compassion
After years of being denied his place of her sigh
By her neglect of him for another
Now the shades she must wear to see by