Thursday, May 22, 2008

What are they doing to that child
Why cannot they themselves see
That he's a brilliant child
And yet they stifle him with drugs for A.D.D.

He's a child whose mind drives at warp speed
Rather than drug him why don't they direct him
He's the very child that would make them proud as a parent
If they would only choose to let him

How long will this keep going on
How many will there really be
Children that are stripped of their higher knowledge
Because parents don't understand their degree

Their being drugged into submission
And taught not to think
Their not problem children just extremely bored
And need the challenge to allow them to think

I was one of those kinds of kids
The usual was actually a bore
So I would always talk to the other kids
Just to help them a long a little more

The faster they got it the faster we left it
Which made my teacher mad at me
And offer that I teach the class
In which I did agree

That was the only time I caused the parents trouble
And they knew very well the trouble I could be
I needed a more challenging education
Because I was to bored with what was to easy for me